This beautiful building originally built in 1929 was renovated to house a new chemistry lab.
The interior of the building was demolished to bare bones to incorporate a large concrete and steel stud shear wall that runs the entire length of the building in order to meet today’s seismic requirements.
The entire project was 2 years in total with the majority of our work performed in the last half. The finished building is now home to a number of chemist students whom have access to 3 floors of labs, 3 lecture theatres, cafeterias and amenities.
Architect: HENRIQUEZ PARTNERS
Contractor: Ledcor Special Projects
Scope of work:
- Steel Stud
- Batt Insulation
- Interior / Exterior Drywall
- Suspended acoustical ceiling